Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Swine Flu

I am extremely disappointed to learn that the CCAA is holding off sending TA's and referrals for 20 to 30 days because of the swine flu. What about the families who have their travel dates already? God is definitely not on our side right now. What next???


  1. My heart breaks. I'm rallying prayer support for Maya coming home!!! God is on your side, but I understand it feels devastating to wait any longer. I'm so sorry you are hurting. I want you to know you aren't alone, and the day is coming!!! What a beautiful shower your friends just gave you, and I love they did a Chinese potluck!

    Praying Maya home!!!
    With love,
    Julie Richards

  2. Thank you, Julie. I can't believe this is happening. Hopefully this won't affect your trip in June. If we haven't gone by then, can I go with you???


  3. Oh Lori - that is soo not fair. It sounds like they are taking good precautions, however - is there no test you can take (medical) to prove to the CCAA that you are okay to travel?
    We will keep our thoughts optimisitic...and our fingers crossed!!!


  4. The rumour is that not only would they be concerned about us travelling, but also about the children coming into a country with this flu. Who knows? I don't know what to think anymore. The families that already have their travel dates and flights booked are still travelling in the next few weeks, so it just doesn't make any sense.